My blog has been silent for a few months, as I was spending more time than usual on some travel, a workshop at the Crow Barn, and then an unexpected month-long stint back working at the college, substituting for someone who took an unexpected leave. What time I had for my own work, I spent sewing rather than writing about sewing. I did line up topics for several posts, and I hope to know come back to them and catch up. Good news from QuiltCon also pushed me to the computer. This is the second time the Modern Quilt Guild has put on a national convention/exhibition. In 2012, I submitted three quilts, none of which were accepted. This year I submitted another three, two of which were accepted; the show will be in February. The quilt that wasn't accepted was Regret , not too surprising, as it is more an "art quilt" than a "modern quilt," though the line between these is pretty hazy. (And not a debate I'm interested in getting involved in.) I ...
This is looking fabulous, Penny. I think the interlacing is really fascinating. Maybe if you were to sew a short, narrow strip of darker turquoise onto the middle of the brightest strip coming down from left to right, it would break up that brightest (dominant) strip and create more of a feel of intersecting. I'm enjoying watching this piece progress. I hope your project at work slows down so you can devote more time to Shelter!
ReplyDeleteLori
Penny, this quilt is going to be stunning! I love your dyed fabric, and I love what you've done so far.
ReplyDelete